This is an ancient Roman amulet for luck. Yes those are flying penises.
Also of note, the Roman god of marriage, Mutunus Tutunus, whose name is derived from two Latin slang words for penis. His name is essentially Dick Wiener. If you have ever wondered just how much like us the Romans were, read the etymology section.
It’s a flying fuck.
It used to be given, and now look, it’s no more.
LITERALLY. A FLYING FUCK.
my favorite thing about art history is that it’s essentially nothing like people think it is.
I thought these were like old dildos
|jk rowling’s reasoning as to why fenrir greyback turned remus into a werewolf:||remus’s father insulted him so he did it as an act of revenge|
|the actual reason greyback bit remus:||the temptation to succumb to the fact that biting remus whose name literally means ‘werewolf’ would be the greatest feat in lycanthropic irony the world had ever seen|
Hey everyone, I’ve changed blogging styles and in honor of this I’m going to do a giveaway that’s going to be really simple!
- Must be following either pronqs OR antiquitate! (I’ll check!)
- One reblog = one entry! Likes don’t count, but you can bookmark if you wanna!
- You must be able to give me your home address, if you were to win, if you’re under 18 you’ll need to have permission from your folks!
- Check out my design shop//instagram//facebook//tumblr (follows back)!
- Must reach at least 100 notes!
- Any two of my mugs! (x)
- Any one of my hoodies! (x)
- Any one of my throw pillows (with inserts)! (x)
- Any one of my phone cases! (x)
- Any one of my wall clocks! (x)
- Any two of my shirts! (x)
- Any two of my totebags! (x)
- A $25 Society6 voucher to spend as you please c:
What I’ll do:
I’ll pick a winner from the notes using a randomizer (after checking people have followed the rules) on May 10th, contact the winner and announce the winner on the 11th! I’ll also be checking out blogs to follow as well because I’m new and need a bunch more to follow c:
Happy reblogging, cuties!